Wednesday, June 2, 2010

We Know The "P" In "BP" Doesn't Stand For Plug

I don't know where the cynical guy in me was when I first heard of the rupture/spill of  BP's underwater drilling site.  Like a knob, I naively assumed that ...
Hey, if they have the ability to drill for oil under the ocean, then surely this huge multinational corporation must, without fail, have some sort of sure-fire measures for dealing with something like ... Oh, I don't know ... How about a fucking oil leak/spill that's spewing millions of gallons of oil into the ocean.  I'm thinking that,  if you're a player in the getting some oil business, then you'd better fucking know what to do if ya get some, even if it's not on your terms.
If something goes wrong with the lid on my blender while I'm mixing margaritas I don't just throw my hands in the air and say, "OOPS, I guess we're all gonna get wet," followed by a, "Why don't we just throw a couple of paper towels on top, maybe that'll help."  
Guess what, I follow the standard operating procedures for halting a blender induced margarita spill ... and that's because I have some.
Another awesome case of greed overtaking common fucking sense YAY!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment