Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I Like Nuts

A couple of days ago the wife and I went to the local Bulk Barn.  We perused a whole bunch of different food type items and eventually I came home with some coconut and pineapple almonds, peanuts, sunflower seeds and cashews.  At home I started thinking about my love of the humble, yummy nut.
Let's face it, there's just no way to make that innocent proclamation on it's own without someone giving you the goofy eye.  You could be the president of the Nut Of The Month Club but if you walk up to a group of people and say, " I like nuts," it's weird looks and awkwardness, essentially a social game over until you add the qualifying, " Not guys nuts ... You know, peanuts, cashews, those kinda nuts ... Umm ... Yeah nuts."
You could walk up to the same group of people and say, " I like action movies," or " I like iguanas ... french ticklers and Power Rangers" and never feel the uncomfortable silence that the "I like nuts" will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment