Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Here's a story from the London Telegraph that talks about a poll taken in the U.S.  It asked a bunch of different questions to, I guess, see what Americans thought of the future and to gage their sense of optimism.  One of the things that stuck out among the 15 or so questions  was the finding that "• 41 per cent say Jesus Christ will return within the next 40 years while 46 per cent say this will definitely or probably not happen. "  If my math is right, you add up the percentages and you get the number 87.  Now I realize that the polling company said that there is a 3 percent margin of error but I don't think that it really changes anything.
Following the numbers, how is it that only 13 percent are unsure of whether or not Jesus Christ will return by 2050?  I'm pretty sure that this falls into the category of "How the fuck should I know?", and besides I thought that 2012 was the big date on the calendar.

No comments:

Post a Comment