Monday, August 30, 2010

Speechless ... Without Speech

If anyone has seen the movie "Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan" , the first half hour-ish of this movie is gonna seem somewhat familiar.



Big River Man - Trailer from KNR Productions on Vimeo.
Then there's the rest of the film ... suddenly no more Borat and a lot more "Touching The Void", with a bunch of 'Holy Shit' and 'No Way'.  
On the one hand, it's definitely easy to be inspired buy this crazy, fat guy and run (or more aptly 'mosey with authority') out and begin to swim in anything that was even remotely wet. 
On the other hand, what he accomplished, by far, outweighs anything an 'average' guy could even imagine doing. It goes without saying that only a 'special' (in all ways) sort of person could or would get through something like this.
I suppose that I should try and be somewhat slightly inspired to get off my butt and do something memorable. Maybe I'll read the book first.
I can already feel my enthusiasm waining ...

No comments:

Post a Comment